“We now own a fine piece of Bajan real estate! On the down side, we are now paupers and will be living on fish scraps,old fruit and road kill.”
This was the update from the Jays in the middle of December, about 5 months after originally viewing the property.
As I write this, the Jays are on their way to the island to formally inspect the home and ensure that the previous owners have left all that was agreed.
But that’s not the end of the Jays’ story. They still have to accomplish the move (currently scheduled for the middle of 2014) and complete the process of getting their residency status approved. We’ll continue to follow their story as that happens.
Don’t miss the other posts in the series following the Jays’ move to Barbados:
- Move to Barbados – Meet the Jays
- The Jays Search for Barbados Property
- The Jays Move to Barbados: Choices, Choices
- The Big Decision: What Kind of Community?
- The Jays Brave the Bank
- The Jays: A Chequered Tale
- The Jays Move to Barbados – Special Delivery
- The Jays Move to Barbados – The Legal Bit
- The Jays Move to Barbados – What Will it Cost?
And see how we made our move in the From the Ground Up series.